University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Ph.D in Chemistry, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1990 B.S. in Chemistry, B.S. in Biochemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1986
The synthesis, surface chemistry, physical/biochemical applications and environmental implications of colloidal inorganic nanoparticles, especially gold.
- Celebrating the 150th Anniversary of the Periodic Table: Nano-Style!
- Electrocuting a Pickle: Demonstrating Major Concepts in Science
- How can you calculate how many atoms are in a nanoparticle?
- Podcast episode: When Artists and Scientists Collaborate
- Nanotechnology and Climate Change: Finding Connections
- Gold Nanotechnology Featured on Academic Minute
- Nano in the Movies
- Two Ways to Make Nanoparticles
- The Atomic Difference Between Diamonds and Graphite
- Art as Inspiration for Science