University of Minnesota
B.S. in Chemistry and Biology, Augsburg College, 2013
Investigating the stability of nanomaterials in complex matrices as well as their toxicity to the bacteria, Shewanella oneidensis and Bacillus subtilis. Also, monitoring changes in gene expression in these bacteria upon exposure to different nanomaterials.
- Nanoparticles can stick to bacteria, but does more nanoparticle sticking mean more toxicity?
- Using Gold Nanobullets for Genetic Engineering
- Why do Scientists Care about Bacterial Replication?
- How Can You Tell if Bacteria are Alive or Dead?
- Sustainable Lamps Powered by Algae
- The Chemical Story Behind Non-Petroleum-Based Plastics