University of Minnesota
Ph.D. University of Minnesota
B.A. in Chemistry and Mathematics, St. Olaf College
Understanding the interactions of engineered nanomaterials with environmental systems. Specifically, the toxicological effects of engineered nanomaterials on beneficial bacteria as well as the transformations of these materials in natural environments.
Sustainable Nano Blog Posts
- Podcast episode 3: Nanomaterials in Electric Car Batteries: How Do We Study Sustainability?
- How Do Nanoparticles Stick to Bacteria? Or, How Are Cell Membranes Like Velcro?
- What Does Sustainable Have To Do With Nano?
- How Do Scientists Study Complex Chemical Systems?
- Dumping Nanoparticles Into a Fjord: How to Think About the Potential Environmental Impacts
- Zooming in on the Nano World: Limitations and Breakthroughs in Light Microscopy